Connect with us

Entertainment

Britney Spears deletes her Instagram, source says ‘it was her decision’

Published

on

Britney Spears deletes her Instagram, source says ‘it was her decision’


The move comes just two days after she announced her engagement to her longtime boyfriend Sam Asghari.

CNN has reached out to representatives for Spears for comment.

A source close to the singer says that “it was her decision” to delete the account and that it has been something she’s “wanted to do for a while.”

The Grammy winner is two weeks away from a court hearing that could determine whether or not she remains in her court-ordered conservatorship. Spears has been in a probate conservatorship for 13 years overseen by her father, Jamie Spears.

Britney Spears and boyfriend Sam Asghari are engaged
Earlier this month her father filed a petition to terminate the conservatorship citing his daughter’s two emotional testimonies over the summer in which she said that she wanted her freedom back.
She also said that she wanted to charge her father with conservatorship abuse.

Meanwhile, Spears’ newly hired attorney, Mathew Rosengart, has filed multiple petitions in an effort to put pressure on her father to step down from acting as the conservator of her $60 million dollar estate.

The next court hearing is scheduled for September 29.



Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Live updates: The 2021 Emmy Awards

Published

on

Live updates: The 2021 Emmy Awards


“Ted Lasso” (Colin Hutton/AppleTV+)

The cast and producers of Apple’s “Ted Lasso” scored a major W during July 13’s Emmy nominations and broke a record in the process.

With its 20 nominations, “Ted Lasso” became the most nominated freshman comedy in Emmy history, besting the 19 nominations “Glee” earned in 2010 for its first season.

The nods earned by “Ted Lasso” included best comedy, best lead actor (Jason Sudeikis) and a number of accolades for the show’s supporting cast.

Hannah Waddingham, Juno Temple, Brendan Hunt, Brett Goldstein, Jeremy Swift and Nick Mohammed all received nominations for their performances. (Yes, there’s a four-way “Ted Lasso” race in outstanding supporting actor in a comedy series.)

“Getting nominated for an acting Emmy is as thrilling as it is surprising,” said Hunt, who also shares two writing nominations with fellow writers Sudeikis, Joe Kelly and Bill Lawrence. “Not only was this kind of thing never something I was planning or pining for, but also I’m not even the “best supporting actor” on my own show. I am appreciative of, and humbled by, this recognition; but far more appreciative that so many of my castmates have received the same. We’re a team, but maybe we’re a team with a deep bench.”

The show also received two nominations for comedy series editing, one for best casting and three for outstanding directing for a comedy series. One of the directing nominations went to actor and director Zach Braff.

“I’m so honored and happy about this,” Braff wrote on Twitter.

“Ted Lasso” returned for its second season on July 23.



Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Photos: Emmys red carpet 2021

Published

on

Photos: Emmys red carpet 2021
Nischelle Turner walks the red carpet before Sunday night’s Emmy Awards.

Chris Pizzello/AP

Updated 6:42 PM ET, Sun September 19, 2021

Nischelle Turner walks the red carpet before Sunday night’s Emmy Awards.

Chris Pizzello/AP

Celebrities are showing off their red-carpet fashion before Sunday night’s Emmy Awards in Los Angeles.

Cedric the Entertainer is hosting the event, which recognizes the best in television programming.

“The Crown” and “The Mandalorian” have the most nominations this year (24 each). “Ted Lasso” is right behind them with 20 nominations. Other shows with multiple nominations include “WandaVision,” “The Handmaid’s Tale” and “Saturday Night Live.”



Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham, 71, Says Ex Stevie Nicks, 73, May Not Be ‘Over’ Him

Published

on

Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham, 71, Says Ex Stevie Nicks, 73, May Not Be ‘Over’ Him


Fleetwood Mac star Lindsey Buckingham has claimed his ex Stevie Nicks might not be ‘completely over’ him, 45 years after they broke up.

Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, 71, suggested his ex-girlfriend and former bandmate Stevie Nicks, 73, might still have a soft spot for him. The musician previously claimed he was fired from the group after Stevie gave the band an ultimatum when he asked to delay a tour to promote his solo music. Now, he has said his ex of four years might not be “over” him. “There were a number of years where I wasn’t over her. It is possible that she has never been completely over me either,” he told The Times newspaper.

Stevie and Lindsey. Image: Stephen Lovekin/Shutterstock

“The way we had to get through Rumours is part of the legacy and heroics of the whole thing,” Lindsey added, referencing their 1976 split amid promotion for their album Rumours. The break up came four years after they got together, but things hit the rocks after the release of what would become one of the best-selling albums of all time.

“We didn’t have time to heal or move on in the traditional sense. I think — and she was the one who moved away from me back then — that we both had to compartmentalize our feelings,” he explained. “That is not a healthy thing to do because those little compartments can remain sealed up for years until things start seeping out when you don’t realize.”

fleetwood mac
Fleetwood Mac. Image: Nancy Barr Brandon/Mediapunch/Shutterstock

Lindsey continued, “I met the love of my life late and that gave me a whole other take on the world. Stevie did not have children. She went down a different route and has placed more importance on her professional life. How that played out in the last three, four, five years … It’s hard for me to know what her mentality is towards me, but I know what mine is to her because I’ve been married for 21 years and I have three children and it’s the best thing that ever happened to me.”

Stevie recently spoke out about her ex’s depiction of her in the media, emphasizing that she never had him fired. “His version of events is factually inaccurate and while I’ve never spoken publicly on the matter, certainly it feels the time has come to shine a light on the truth. To be exceedingly clear, I did not have him fired, I did not ask for him to be fired, I did not demand he be fired.”

She added, “Frankly, I fired myself. I proactively removed myself from the band and a situation I considered to be toxic to my wellbeing. I was done. If the band went on without me, so be it. And after many lengthy group discussions, Fleetwood Mac, a band whose legacy is rooted in evolution and change, found a new path forward with two hugely talented new members.”



Source link

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Recent Posts

Advertisement

Facebook

Advertisement

Categories

Trending