Ateeb Ahmed, Founder And CEO of Ahmed Media Agency. He was born on 21st July 2001. He is a marketing influencer and a Visionary Entrepreneur. He founded Ahmed Media Agency in 2019, it is a full-service digital advertising agency. He is a native of Bulandshar, Uttar Pradesh, from a middle class family.
Recently, my business partner and I were discussing how to pivot where we needed to focus our time and where we might need to leverage others. This got me thinking about entrepreneurship and the many misconceptions that exist about entrepreneurship. While being your own boss definitely has its advantages, it’s also a lot of work.
The words “entrepreneur” and “entrepreneurship” have become glorified terms. They’re words associated with building your life on your own terms, setting your own schedule, being your own boss and doing work you love. All these things are true. However, there are some myths and misconceptions about entrepreneurship that I believe are important to dispel for aspiring entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurs have easy hours. They don’t work a full day
As an entrepreneurs and business leader, we are always on. Most, if not all, of us work very long hours every day. It is difficult to get a business off the ground, and it’s a lot of hard work to sustain it long term. We might have to work weekends when necessary and forgot happy hours and dinners with friends (pre-Covid-19 era, of course). And even when we’re not actively working, we are always thinking about our business and how to make it better, prepare for potential issues, etc.
Being an entrepreneur is not a cushy experience. If that’s what you are looking for, it might not be the ideal lifestyle for you.
“PR” marketing campaigns
One of the most important benefits of PR is generating awareness for your brand. This can take shape by working with influencers, gaining coverage in news media or bolstering your thought leadership profile. A common saying is that generating brand awareness is a marathon, not a sprint. However, with the rise of online media, just one good news story can increase your sales and leads overnight. The benefits of having publicity as part of your marketing mix come both in the short-term and the long-term. It’s important to make sure that you are gaining publicity for your brand in places that will allow potential customers to have a strong degree of interest and trust in what you’re offering and why they should have it.
The original business idea reigns supreme
Sure, a great idea will attract investors and clients, but all entrepreneurs likely know the original idea that inspired the business hardly ever stays the same. Entrepreneurship is about adapting to the internal and external environment and not getting tied down to any one idea. James Dyson, inventor of the Dyson line of vacuums, made over 5,000 failed prototypes before getting it right. Had he given up after the first prototype, would the bagless vacuum even exist?
Entrepreneurship is an all-or-nothing game.
Yes, many startups fail, but many also succeed. They don’t generally succeed overnight, however. It takes many months, if not years, in order to see the payoff. Entrepreneurship is all about the long game. It’s not a get-rich-quick scheme. Many entrepreneurs give up if they don’t see success quickly. But don’t let your fear overtake you. Entrepreneurship is about picking yourself back up and trying again.
Entrepreneurship is a solo endeavor
While entrepreneurs might be the face of the business, they most certainly aren’t the only members of the team. There are mentors, coaches, investors, business partners, family members, employees and the list goes on and on. Delegating tasks is essential for long-term success; just because you can do something doesn’t necessarily mean you should do it.
I often tell entrepreneurs to think about how they are spending their time and whether the items they are spending their time on are bringing the most value to the business. Think about the 80/20 rule: You should be focusing on the 20% of activities that produce 80% of the value. You can’t do it all alone. It will lead to stress, burnout and a whole host of challenges, both personally and professionally. Instead, surround yourself with the right people who can help you succeed.
Entrepreneurs take huge risks that always pay off
Entrepreneurs take risks. After all, if starting a business were a sure or safe bet, everyone would do it. There are always risks with running a business, both known and unknown. One of the biggest risks is to quit your 9-to-5 job and go all-in with your idea. After that big jump, the risks are more calculated, and you balance the risk with the reward.
He said, some risks don’t pay off. Hopefully, these risks are few and don’t implode your business in the process. But as an entrepreneur, I can tell you that taking risks is part of the game. It’s not gambling, especially when you have a team that relies on you. But, in order to keep pushing and persevering, you have to get out of your comfort zone.
If you’re thinking about becoming an entrepreneur because you think it’s easy or a quick way to get rich, the best advice I can give you is to stay put because you might not be ready to run a business. But, if you have a passion and a purpose and are willing to work hard, play the long game and take calculated risks, then what are you waiting for? Be the entrepreneur you were always meant to be.
Ateeb’s Business Council is the foremost growth and marketing organization for business owners and leaders.
COVID-19 has been an eye-opener. It has made organizations across continents realize how much their business models depended on a smooth-sailing environment. In all honesty, eight months ago organizations were woefully unprepared for a pandemic marketplace, compared to what was needed. The pandemic has also influenced the way today’s workforce and aspiring talent plan their future. There is a fear of uncertainty and job security amongst many, causing them to shift their career objectives from depending on organizations as employees, towards becoming their own hirers.
But how difficult or easy is it to become an entrepreneur?
The government at the center has been pushing the Make-in-India agenda and that is broadly favourable to entrepreneurship. Small entrepreneurs are already benefiting from various advantageous policies including single-window clearances, government funding, loan policies, tax sops etc. Women entrepreneurs will also thrive on the back of favourable policies. Cognizant of the way start-ups have shaped up during the pandemic, there are a few must-haves for entrepreneurs to thrive in the long-term.
Entrepreneurship is a mindset, that doesn’t fall prey to risks
The most crucial characteristic of entrepreneurs is their ability to take risks. While the pandemic forced numerous start-ups to halt their businesses, some decided to leverage it as an opportunity and make the best of it. For instance, when all the cinema halls and theatres were shut down for months, leading ticketing giant BookMyShow decided to support online events and help artists sell tickets online. Delivery giants, Swiggy and Zomato, also started delivering groceries and other essentials, instead of pulling the plug.
Having commercial acumen is the ability to view situations from a commercial perspective – knowing the business, its processes, trends and having skills to make better decisions based on insights. It is a core competency for entrepreneurs as it helps them understand the impact of day-to-day decision-making on every aspect of the business, be it technical, financial, operational or sales. Excellent commercial acumen can help entrepreneurs show their partners or employees the bigger picture and where they fit into it, making them feel connected to the company’s success.
Above all, an entrepreneur understands the need for value creation
The value used to be a term for the price, but in today’s business world where sustenance and empathy are at the core of every business, value creation stands for a commitment towards delivering quality to customers, stakeholders, employees and the community. For an entrepreneur, it is imperative to understand the importance of value creation by prioritizing the best needs of stakeholders to ensure business success in the long run.
The current pandemic situation has affected the start-up ecosystem of India in numerous ways. This is why the Government of India has initiated some action points to spring them back to their feet. This includes grants, debt opportunities and equity for start-ups fighting against COVID-19 effects on the country. Government schemes such as Atal Bimit Vyakti Kalyan Yojana are introduced in support for employers who are struggling to pay wages to their employees. To solve working capital requirements, the government has also facilitated Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) which has been making efforts to provide financial assistance and stability to start-ups through schemes like COVID-19 Start-up Assistance Scheme (‘CSAS’) and more.
Being an entrepreneur is difficult, especially amidst the changed market post-COVID. However, hasn’t it always been a crisis that gave birth to a world-shaping idea? As Steve Jobs once said, “I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure PERSEVERANCE.”
Introducing Hawaiian Poké Bowl, the family restaurant with a unique blend of Asian food:
Belgium-based family restaurant; the Hawaiian Poké Bowl is one of the rising Hawaiian Poké Bowl restaurants in Belgium. Initially in the year when the founder of the restaurant, Ash Shah came across the news of the sudden hype of the nutritious fish dish from Hawaiian cuisine and the culinary trend, then the idea of starting a food stall that sells the poké bowl came to his mind. Later with Mattijs Hermans, his business partner in the online cosmetics brand BLOOMR, and Albano Gozhina who is responsible for building new branches, they together launched the restaurant named Hawaiian Poké Bowl in Antwerp’s Nationalestraat. It immediately becomes the new fast-food concept in the streets of Belgium.
Hawaiian Poké Bowl is the revolution in the field of healthy food. Each poké bowl is made with fresh ingredients, bursting with flavor with homemade dressings and all kinds of toppings. The restaurants are famous for their “make your own unique” Hawaiian Poké Bowl options and their famous house favorites. In the “make your own unique” Hawaiian Poké Bowl option, the restaurant provides the customer with the opportunity to make their customized bowls with different base options, and the option to choose up to five different mixes along with their preferred protein, dressing, and toppings.
The reason why the Hawaiian Poké Bowl stands out in the markets is all because of its high-quality food at a very affordable price. ‘All our products are fresh. We have built a central preparation kitchen just outside Antwerp. There, cutting, filleting, and distributing is done in a time and labor-efficient manner. In this way, we minimize surpluses in the restaurants that would eventually end up in the waste bin. We think it is important to keep our impact on the environment and climate as small as possible.’, explains Hermans.
Over time, they were able to several chains in Belgium and Netherlands. People from all over the place visit their restaurants in order to try out their foods. During the pandemic, their takeaways services helped them grow their business even more. Looking ahead the restaurant’s CEO Ash Shah wants to open more branches in Belgium and Netherlands. They have recently collaborated with Green Park Investment Partners for the expansion of the restaurants in the Netherlands. Therefore, the Hawaiian Poké Bowl has become the go-to place for dining out.
Cozii- envisions a future where the world is a better place to live in for everyone
In today’s world, it is as rare as a blue moon to find a person who actually wants good for others. Kind and good-hearted people are trampled down by the perils of modern-day evilness. Amidst all the evil and the negative people, there are few gems like Cozii who have depicted true goodness. Cozii was born on 19th April in the year of 1993 in Ottawa, ON. His childhood brimmed with creativity and enthusiasm in all aspects of his life.
Cozii was involved in all sorts of activities ranging from painting, drawing, writing and composing poetry, and skateboarding. As people say an artist’s heart is the purest, the saying stands true for Cozii as well. His motivation for life is to provide wealth for his grandchildren’s grandchildren. His goal is to create wealth for the world, but to those who are ignored and shoved aside by the media, the thought of a better world, his family, and his wife. Hence, it is very evident that he is trying his best to make the world a better place for everyone.
Cozii’s childhood is something which he cherishes a lot, because of the sweet memories. Young 90’s boy stuff was his favorite, hence so all the TV shows, Cartoons, Snacks everything was his favorite. His dear hobbies included Skateboarding, Painting, and Cooking and at the age of only 10, he became part of a swim team in a small town in Canada. As far as his educational background is concerned, he went to both Elementary and High School in my hometown of Hawksbury, Ontario. Then he got recruited by Purdue University for a full swimming scholarship and graduated in 2017 with a French Languages and Phonetics degree.
Cozii has reached great heights already, but he considers himself to be a multi-hyphonate and an amateur skateboarder. Chiefly, Cozii is an ambitious and successful Record Artist and business owner. He feels extremely grateful and blessed to have had a mentor like Patrik Kabongo. Currently, Cozii is the owner of the “Snack Town” shop, which is expanding at an exponential rate. The customers love the quality that the shop provides; they also love the humble and down-to-earth personality of Cozii. He and his customers are looking forward to evening more success at Cozii’s shop.
To know more about Cozii, follow him on the links to his social media provided below:
Snack Town West- https://www.instagram.com/snacktownwest/
THE SIMPLE LIFESTYLE MODIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
Lifestyle is the way of living not only regarding the fashion and trends but also the food we eat, the actions we perform daily. Poor lifestyle has led to many lifestyle diseases which are due to unhealthy eating habits, smoking, staying sedentary, and sleep deprivation which results in obesity, stroke, diabetes, and metabolic syndromes. These lifestyle changes are modifiable and Dietician Dharshini shares some simple changes to be done for a better and healthier lifestyle.
- EAT FROM KITCHEN: Our kitchen is the best pharmacy as Indian spices, nuts, and herbs act like super medicine when it comes to preventing health hazards. How many of us make our own ginger garlic paste? Gone are those days where everything used to be prepared fresh which was tasty as well as nutritionally healthy. But we have started relying on instant breakfast options which are prepared in just two minutes and started storing all powders and ketchup in bottles, even the fried onions come in packets to save our time. But these processed items might save our time but not our health in the long term. The more products we use, the more our body is exposed to preservatives, additives, and chemicals. So, start making your own chutneys, ketchup, ginger garlic paste as an initiative.
- MOVE YOUR BODY: Do you remember those days where people don’t have time to sit and they keep doing some of the other physical activity. As mentioned in the previous point, as the product usage is more, the movement of our body is decreased and everything is available over the net, or else everything is done by a machine, thus reducing the movement for our body. WHO recommends at least 150 minutes of physical activity in a week, which can be any of your favorite activities like jogging, cycling, Zumba, or HIIT. Movement is highly essential for our muscles and bones to make them healthy and strong. The more we move the more our muscles are healthier. A pro tip is to attend your phone calls walking, jump for 20 seconds every 40 mins of your work. Involving yourself in an activity or sports at least weekly twice also helps to socialize as well gives a good movement for your body.
- DRINK THE WATER WISELY: Due to the availability of various products in the market, we concentrate mostly on solids and forget the liquid and that too the easily available elixir the Water. Most of the time our body demands only water, but we tend to binge on chips, namkeen, biscuits, and fries. Water is something that does not add up calories, also acts as a purifier to remove the toxins from the body and gives a glow to our skin. People who drink less water face constipation, acne, and dull skin. People who want to lose weight also can take at least 3 liters of water a day to remove the unwanted waste and to avoid binge eating.
- SLEEP WELL TO STAY WELL: Sleep is the best medicine for all bad situations and stress. Sleeping at the right time for at least 6-8 hours without any disturbance is something many people tend to miss. People who sleep for 6-8 hours might be sleeping at the wrong time especially women working in night shifts face this problem which results in more eating in the nighttime, which leads to obesity and infertility issues. Sleeping without gadgets at least one 1hour before bedtime helps to have a peaceful sleep. Sleep like a baby is the common term used but due to high work stress and health issues sleeping peacefully is a question mark for many of them. But these are some modifiable changes that take some time but once changes can give you a life-changing experience.
- NOT DEPENDING ON PILLS: Popping up a pill just for a mild headache has been very common these days. Pills and medicines can be helpful when the condition is very serious but people depending on it just for a headache can affect the internal organs like the liver, kidney which leads to long-term impact. It’s better to solve the issue by analyzing the root cause of the issue rather than popping a pill for every simple problem. One example is you get a headache, the reasons could be – indigestion due to outside food, sleep deprivation, or constipation. We need to be patient enough and choose the right food which acts as natural medicine. A glass of warm water with lemon, ginger tea, 8-10 soaked almonds also helps in relieving the headache.
These are some simple changes that can result in great results when done in the right way for a long period of time.
- Stock futures dip after Dow notches three straight losing weeks for first time in 2021
- Remains believed to belong to missing woman in van mystery are found.
- 5 Trends Retailers May Not See Coming Until It Is Too Late
- Police find body ‘consistent with’ Gabby Petito in Wyoming By Reuters
- A Young Actor Steps Out of School and Into the High Heels of ‘Jamie’
- Live updates: The 2021 Emmy Awards
- Elon Musk mocks President Biden after SpaceX completes first all-civilian mission
- Ted Cruz Claims Biden Vaccine Mandate Is A Conspiracy
- Emmy Awards 2021: See What The Best-Dressed Celebrities Wore On The Red Carpet
- Photos: Emmys red carpet 2021
Politics4 months ago
Long Slide Looms for World Population, With Sweeping Ramifications
Politics4 months ago
Khaby Lame, the Everyman of the Internet
Politics4 months ago
Beneath Joe Biden’s Folksy Demeanor, a Short Fuse and an Obsession With Details
Business5 months ago
BTS, Blackpink, Psy And ‘Baby Shark’: K-Pop Rules The Top 10 Most-Liked Music Videos On YouTube
World3 months ago
26 Chef-Approved Kitchen Gadgets You’ll Actually Use
World2 months ago
Tenants Were Evicted Between The End Of The Eviction Ban And The Pledge To Resume It
Entertainment4 months ago
Caleb Kennedy, American Idol Finalist, Leaves Show Amid KKK-Related Scandal
World1 month ago
Senate Democrats Pass $3.5 Trillion Budget Plan In Latest Win For Biden